GWTS is conscious of the effect our operations could have on the environment. It is our policy to achieve the highest practical standard of environmental care in all of our activities as an organisation. GWTS will achieve this objective by applying the principles of ecologically sustainable development.
Specifically, GWTS will:
- Develop and maintain a system of operating, monitoring and reporting all environmentally relevant activities to ensure all statutory requirements are met using best practice environmental management,
- Provide necessary resources within the budget capabilities of GWTS to meet our environmental responsibilities,
- Ensure that all employees, contractors and suppliers are aware of this policy,
- Continue improvements in environmental management by reviewing, reporting and upgrading the Environmental Management System and procedures, and
- Strive to be a community leader in environmental management.